I don’t know about you guys but it’s only mid Feb and we are already going quite stir crazy as a fam. We are total outdoors people… beach, park sun & sand so when the winter comes knocking it’s hard not to feel cooped up (especially living in an NYC apartment) Below I’ve rounded up 5 indoor activities you can do with the kiddos this winter!
- MAKE SOMETHING (ARTS & CRAFTS): I have to admit that I’m not super crafty and when Rosie told me that our babysitter made paper “snowflakes” with her over Christmas (you know the ones that you cut from paper and are super easy) it was all she could talk about for days … and it made me realize I needed to step up my crafting game. Next on the docket is “Valentine’s Day Cards” I found a few cute sets on amazon: HERE & HERE I also ordered this “Giant Busy Box” over Christmas which includes 16 different projects. Rosie is also big into stickers and coloring books these days. We have the “My First Table & Chairs Set” from PB which is where Rosie makes all of her crafts, drawings, etc.. It’s currently covered in Elsa stickers and crayons.. but luckily it’s easy to clean! Budget Friendly Version: HERE
- BAKE SOMETHING: when all else fails BAKE. Rosie loves loves to “help” MOMMY & GG and be in the kitchen with me whenever I’m cooking. She has her own little “apron pots & pans” and loves to mix anything and everything. We have been baking a lot of cookies this winter because its a fun activity for Rosie and of course it’s a delicious treat at the end! I’m thinking about tying this “Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe” recipe (I saw on Pure Joy Home) for our next baking adventure!
- BUILD SOMETHING (FORTS/LEGOS): Right now the one thing Rosie can stay occupied doing on her own (for at least 20 minutes) is either building with her lego set or playing in her pretend TEE-PEE. She and daddy make fun forts when he gets home from work out of the pillows and blankets from the couch but she also likes playing quietly (yes quietly) in her pretend TEE-PEE. She brings her books and stuffed animals or plays hide and seek with me. Legos are also a must have toddler item. Her favorite things to build with her lego set are pretend “binoculars” and pretend “castles”.
- Sign up for Indoor Classes outside of the Home: Rosie is taking ballet & gymnastics this winter (and she just finished up swimming). This gets us out of the house and is a fun activity that she can enjoy for 45 minutes with her little friends.
- Try a Monthly Activity Subscription. I recently purchased this “We Craft Box” because I was looking for some new activities to incorporate into our day. This particular subscription is $25 a month and includes includes 2-3 crafts and easy to follow directions. This would also be a cute idea for a toddler gift
WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE INDOOR ACTIVITIES? COMMENT AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST!
ROSIE’S WINTER STYLE
CPC is currently having their MAJOR WINTER SALE and it’s a great time to take advantage of low prices and stock up on quality/classic items for this winter & next. There’s tons of preppy winter gear and adorable fair isle sweaters, turtlenecks & more for both girls & boys. Check out these “skier embroidered” pants for a little BOY and lots more sale finds on their site! Also keep an eye out for their spring line which launches in February. We had the pleasure of seeing a sneak peak and it’s sooo so adorable!