In an effort to open up a bit more with all of you I thought it would be fun to do a pregnancy related Q&A! Nothing was off limits (lol) you guys asked everything from my favorite maternity brands to whether or not I had the occasional glass of wine! Below I’ve answered a sample 10 questions! I thought this could also be fun to do with different topics! Let me know if you guys agree!? ps. there was a lot of questions that I didn’t get to so I can always do a part 2 as well and you can always send me a message again if you want an individual response 🙂
BUMP FRIENDLY JUMPSUITS
1. What are your pregnancy cravings? I wouldn’t say I’m craving anything to strange. I like to bake my own cookies (store bought doesn’t do the trick) lol ..other then that I’m eating more of what I usually like including pasta, pizza, cheeseburgers & fries. Yes I know this sounds bad but I’m ravenous all the time and carbs are really a pregnant lady’s best friend (I don’t think I’d believe anyone who said they craved salads while pregnant). I’m also kind of embarrassed to admit (but not really because it’s soo good) that I had shake-shack (delivered) on more then a handful of occasions!
2. What skincare products do you use while pregnant? Not much at all actually! Cetaphil cleanser, moisturizer, hydrating eye cream & Vitamin CE Ferulic Serum I did a whole post here on my beauty routine & my favorite beauty products (pre pregnancy) and am working on a skincare post currently.
3. Have you drank during your pregnancy? My non-pregnant self definitely is a social drinker. I like to go out whether it’s with my husband or girlfriends and have a good meal and a few to many glasses of wine! That said, I haven’t drank during either my pregnancy with Rosie or this current one. It’s funny because with Rosie I didn’t crave or miss alcohol in the least bit but once the 2nd trimester hit this time around there is nothing more that I want then a large glass of red wine. Personally speaking I don’t want to take the unnecessary risk and knowing myself I don’t think I could stop at just a few sips. That said… I know plenty of my pregnant friends that would have the occasional glass of wine here and there and they all have had perfectly healthy babies. No judgment at all just not for me.
4. Favorite maternity leggings? I just did a whole roundup of my TOP 5 Maternity Leggings on the BLOG! You can check it out: HERE ! A much as I want to get dressed I’m living in leggings at least 3-4x a week! Comfort is key right now as I’m about to hit the 3rd trimester. My favorite pairs are these Bump Support Leggings and this cross-over panel style . I also did a Maternity Denim round-up and all of the styles are included in the SHOPBOP SALE!
5. What’s your take on coffee/caffine during pregnancy? Personally I try to lay off it the first trimester but after that I don’t think I could get by without a cup or (two) throughout the day. I’ve had some pretty bad migraines and headaches this pregnancy and my doctor actually suggested that I have a a coke when I start to get them and it has helped. Every doctor is different so check with yours if you have any ?? The APA also recommends limiting caffeine intake to about 200 mg a day. I also remember using this site a lot during my first pregnancy when I wasn’t sure about something I would check this site then follow up with my doc.
6. What is your view on highlighting/dyeing your hair? I’ve never dyed my hair before so I can’t comment on that but I don’t believe it’s safe to do while pregnant?? Re: highlighting… check with your doctor of course. My doc told me it was fine to do after the 1st trimester and the APA also states that since the chemicals never touch your scalp it’s perfectly safe to do after the 1st trimester. I like to wait until the 3rd trimester (you can probably tell) lol.. it’s getting pretty bad but I usually only highlight my hair 2-3x a year anyways so waiting a few extra months is not a biggie for me. I plan on getting it done a few weeks before my due date because I know I won’t have time to do it once the babe comes!
7. Are you finding out the gender? If not- do you think your having a GIRL or BOY and why? I have to love the “why” in this question lol…. We aren’t planning on finding out the gender this time around! (we did with Rosie) My first instinct is boy. No particular reason it was just the first inclination I felt when the doctor confirmed my pregnancy on that first visit. When I was pregnant with Rosie I was sure she was a girl (and meanwhile) everyone was telling me they thought it was a boy. With this pregnancy I don’t necessarily have that overwhelming feeling one way or the other. I will say that I’m carrying a bit different (lower) and with Rosie I was really carrying really high. Also frank thinks it’s a girl so 🤷🏼♀️
8. What are your must have baby products and what stroller do you use ? I’ll do a whole updated blog post on this but for now check out my Baby Registry Guide. I break down all of my MUST HAVES (including what I think are essentials vs. items that I think you can get by without) for each Registry Section: The Nursery , Dressing & Diapering , Feeding, On the Go, Sooth & Play, Bath Time & First Aid In regards to a stroller… I have the BUGABOO . I’m partial to the sleek design and IMO it’s the best maneuvering stroller out there for the city streets to the beach. That said, the majority of moms I know have the UPPA BABY
9. What are your favorite nursing/pumping bras? Again it’s been a while since my first pregnancy but for nursing I used this particular style and this is a pretty feminine option. For hands free pumping I bought two of these strapless styles. Check out this blog post for more postpartum essentials.
10. Will you get a night nurse? Good Question! I would love to but I’m not sure if we will. It depends on a few factors that we haven’t ironed out yet… cost $$$, whether or not we can find a place for my mom to stay in the city, and space (We are in a 2 bedroom in NYC so space is limited). If we do decide on a night nurse, I think I would want to wait it out a few weeks to see how I’m handling juggling the two tots as opposed to having someone come in right off the bat. I will say my one friend who just had a baby (and also has a toddler that’s Rosie’s age) currently has a night nurse and she said it’s been amazing. She said that extra sleep and help was invaluable. I’ve also heard from a few friends that have asked for a night nurse instead of getting a big registry present from their parents and in-laws which I thought was genius.
11. Is this pregnancy different from your last and how so? Yes, its definitely different then my last one but I think each pregnancy is probably different. With Rosie, I was tired during the first tri-mester but as soon as the 2nd trimester rolled around my energy was back in full source this time not so much… that said I was 3 years younger and I didn’t have a toddler at the time which might have something to do with it. I’m also carrying a bit lower this time around and I’ve experienced migraines and nausea in the beginning which I never did before.