SHOP THE POST
This past weekend marked our kick-off weekend out in Montauk for the month of JULY! I’m so excited to officially be out EAST for the summer! I’ll be sharing lots of local insider tips on the BLOG & on my insta-stories so make sure to follow along there as well! (including my favorite local spots to eat, drink, shop & beach of course)!
Town was unusually packed this weekend given it was the tail end of the 4th of July holiday so we did our best to avoid the “hot” spots. We invited some of our friends out on Saturday and spent the majority of our time at Ditch Plains. *Local Tip* Plan to pack a cooler for the beach with a delicious wrap from Joni’s or a deli sandwich from Herb’s accompanied by a 6er of Montauk Summer Ale courtesy of the Montauk Brewing Company. If you’re a first timer to Montauk, DITCH is known as the infamous “SURFER BEACH” but it’s also where you want to be if you have kiddos. The town will only allow residents at this particular beach (or those who can walk) which means you’re unlikely to find any share house renters or sloppy tuna lovers here.
We kicked off Saturday evening with happy hr drinks and live music at the Westlake Fish House as opposed to our regular sunset at the Montauket or Crows Nest. Local Tip: snuggled in the marina off of west-lake, the fish house is a family friendly establishment so grab one of the large picnic tables out back if you have kids! They can play corn-hall or dance along with the band while you wait for your food or drinks to come. After cocktails, a friend of our’s had a late 4th of July bbq and we concluded the evening at a local dive bar for some late night cocktails. Sunday, we repeated our beach day and had an early dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, The Inlet. Situated at the very tip of East Lake (near gin beach) the resteraunt is owned by 6 commercial fisherman. Almost everything on the menu is caught by one of their boats so think lots and lots of fresh & local fish. The sushi is some of the best I’ve had! Bonus: the joint is rarely overcrowded and you can catch the most beautiful inelt and sunset views! *Local tip: if it’s just the two of you skip the formal table and grab a spot at the end of the bar! It’s the best seat in the house and gives you a prime time view of the sunset!
- I realized I needed some new beach accessories and recently picked up this beach hat from Nordstrom (only $40) and I love the wide brim style! I also own both of these hats: HERE (pictured in the images above) & HERE
- Style Steal Hat pick: this beach hat from Target is only $14 and is perfect to toss in your suitcase. This J.Crew Factory staple is also a fun style that is on major sale!
- For a roomy, easily foldable & beachy tote: HERE
- For a cute & trendy beach bag check out this pom version: HERE. For a Style Steal version: HERE
- This monogrammed stripe beach tote is a classic!
- I have this round bag in navy. I don’t typically use it for the beach but its a great woven bag and the tan version is currently part of the SHOPBOP EXTRA 25% off SALE.