1. Diapers & Wipes: First & Foremost 😉 I use these wipes because they are great not only for dirty diapers but they are also non-irritating for a runny nose or messy hands along with this Skip Hop wipe dispenser that comes in a cute blush color and is super handy for diaper changes on the run
2. Hand Sanitizer: I love this one from Babyganics because its alcohol & fragrance free and it comes in a compact “on the go” size
3. Diaper Cream: standard A + D Ointment with Zinc
4. Sunscreen & Healing Ointment to protect and heal that extra sensitive baby skin. I like Neutrogena’s Pure and Free for sunscreen and Aquaphor’s Advance Therapy Baby Ointment for those dry and chapped wintery days.
6. Changing Pad: (mine came with my diaper bag from Ralph Lauren here) and I also have this skip hop portable changing kit that allows you to store all of your diapering essentials. *Added bonus you can even clip it directly to your stroller if you are not in the mood to bring out your entire diaper bag
7. Sippy Cup for toddler or Bottle for infant: These sippy cups by Munchkin are great for transitioning form the bottle to Sippy Cup because the weighted straw allows your tot to hold the cup perfectly at any angle and I’m a fan of Dr. Brown’s glass bottles!
8. Swaddle Wrap: I had this one from Solly Baby and it also come in a number of other cute patterns and designs.
10. Change of Clothes: Last but not least always have an extra onesie or change of clothes in your diaper bag in case your little one has an accident! I forgot to follow this advice when Rosie was only a few weeks old on a long car ride out to Montauk (and if anyone knows the traffic on the LIE it wasn’t pretty) needless to say she ended up spending the rest of the trip in the carseat in just a diaper! I won’t make that mistake again!
Shop the rest of my post and other diaper bag essentials below: