Hope everyone had a wonderful easter weekend (a little delayed but I took some time from the blog/instagram this past week) We got dressed up and did the whole shebang with the girls which was really fun. I knew if I ended up staying in my pjs my mood would have been blah as well so I forced myself to blow dry my hair, put on make-up (for the first time in almost 2 months) and get dressed for the occasion. Frank cooked us a delicious ham (if you saw on Instagram lol) and we’ve pretty much been eating left overs all week long. Rosie was so excited for her easter basket and the egg hunt we set up. She kept repeating it was the best day of her life. It was really sweet. We missed our family of course but it ended up being a really nice holiday (just us). Below I’m sharing 5 Things I’m loving this week. Happy weekend!
1. Sample Sale at Sarah Flint: One of my favorite shoe brands is having their first ever on-line sample sale (which usually happens in person) Now until April 20th select shoe styles are marked down 40-65% off. Sarah Flint heels are seriously the most comfortable heels I own. You can read more about the brand in my latest post. HERE . Love these espadrilles for spring/summer and included some more of my favorite sale styles above.
2. Netflix Stand-up: if you watched the Chapelle show back in the day, co-creator Neal Brennan has own stand-up on Nexflix that Frank & I really enjoyed. It’s called 3 mics and it’s not just quick one-liner’s but he goes into his history of depression and a more intimate view of his life that you don’t normally see in stand-up. We found it to be both unique and refreshing and I happen to find him to be really funny.
3. Books to love: I’m getting tired of the ol Netflix these days and need a break fro the ol tube. I have yet to pick up a book because I usually associate reading with times of relaxation and I’ve been far from relaxed these days . That said I’d like to pick up a few new novels to read at bed-time if any of you have any good recommendations. Some of my all-time favorites include: The Pillars of the Earth (a must read- it’s a long one but hey we have time) The Paris Wife & Loving Frank
4. The softest sleep-sacks for the babies. Margaret pretty much only wears these pajamas and sleep-bags from Kyte-Baby for bed-time. Everything is made from the softest bamboo and the sleep-sacks come in different level warmths. They are so soft and Frank even jokes that he wants to know why they don’t make them for grown men. If you keep your house on the cooler side you can get a warmer TOG, that goes for summer time, winter etc. They also make walker version sleeping bags for babies that are walking. How cute is this alpaca style. There are pjs for toddlers & mom as well! and I use these short and long sleeve body-suits under Margaret’s clothes because she has very sensitive skin.
5. Spring Sneaks: I mentioned on stories that one of my friends spilled coffee on these white sneaks while we were at a wedding a few months back lol (and I just popped them in the washer/dryer when we got home and they were good as new! I got them when I was pregnant because of the stretchy back and the fact that they were easy to slip on & off. (I don’t usually wear socks with them) I’m also a big fan of these Velcro Veja Sneaks which I purchased earlier this year. I’ve been wearing them with leggings and sweaters constantly these past few weeks.
SPRING SALES: Sephora sale starts today. Up to 20% off your purchase with code: springsave. I just purchased the tinted moisturizer and bronzer that I usually wear. More of my beauty and skincare picks: HERE. Another sale: up to 40% off thousands of styles at shopbop. These mother jeans , $100 white blouse, Ulla Johnson Dress & more included. 40% off site wide at Joie still going on. A portion of proceeds will be going towards helping the medial community. So many pretty items for spring & summer including this dress. (Will be putting together a spring sale post next week)