Leave it to me to wait until week 38-39 to start thinking about the newborn products that I’m going to need for baby #2! That definitely was not the case as a first time mom. As a mama to be I remember feeling very overwhelmed by the entire baby registry process. I didn’t know how to decipher between which products were essentials and which were unnecessary and even further what brands offered the best quality in terms of standards and saftey. Let’s just say I had no clue where to even begin which is why I’m really excited about today’s blog post in partnership with Walmart. Walmart recently launched their baby registry this past April and I have to say I’m super impressed with not only how easy it is to use but even more so how it caters to first time moms. I went ahead and created a “practice registry” to test out the feature for you guys. When you first sign up you will be prompted to chat with “Hoo the Owl” … from there you’re asked a series of ??? regarding your due date, gender (it’s ok if it’s a surprise) and your personal nursery style. Based on your answers a personalized registry is created just for you with approximately 80 products from all different categories (including diapering, feeding, gadgets etc). You can the either add, remove and/or change anything that you’d like… but I love that you are given a jump start on the whole process right from the get-go. Another major bonus is the amount of products and brands that you have access to is quite expansive but at the same-time Walmart streamlines the entire process for you. If you’re a registering mama definitely check out the site and you can sign up to register: HERE
MY TOP 12 BABY REGISTRY PICKS
- Velcro Swaddles: I have to admit my husband and I learned how to do the swaddle thing in the hospital and then Rosie would somehow manage to wriggle out of it. These velcro swaddles make swaddling a cinch and one less thing to stress about.
- Rocker/Bouncer: I didn’t have a bouncer with Rosie but all of my mom friends swear by this one I’ll be trying it with baby #2
- Activity Mat: a tummy time must.
- Newborn Gown: diaper changing in the middle of the night super easy with no unbuttoning or zippers. A cute girl option: HERE & boy option: HERE
- Nusing & Infant Support Pillow: this is one product that I actually started using right away. I brought it with me to the hospital and it helped with initial breast-feeding and then it also worked as a lounger for the babe at home.
- Infant Tub: I used both of these infant bath tubs… This was an affordable tub for travel or grandparents house and this you could easily place in the sink.
- Stroller: my pick for a stroller. IMO this is the best stroller on the market and is great for uneven city streets and easy steering not to mention it looks sleek.
- Baby Carrier: Baby carrying is a must especially when you are going to be a mom of 2 and want to get out the door without packing up the stroller every single time.
- Baby Monitor: I used this baby monitor for Rosie and will use it for baby #2. A lot of new moms who are worried or uneasy about their babies sleeping behaviors have been using this.
- Car Seat: this option is great because it’s a transitional all-in-one car-seat. We purchased an infant version and then a separate toddler seat once Rosie got to big for it but looking back I wish I went with the convertible
- Bassinet: Excited to be using this for baby #2. We didn’t have a traditional bassinet for Rosie so after doing some research and hearing from other moms I’ve decided on going with this bassinet. I love the adjustable height and that it plays music and swivels.
- Safety & Grooming Newborn Kit: this first aid & grooming kit comes in handy and is definitely something that should be on your newborn list.
Thank you to Walmart for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are my own