I’ve had a lot of ??? about what sippy cups we used when we transitioned from the bottle … so I thought I would write up a quick post with some of the ones that worked the best for us! For more toddler meal time essentials check out this post: HERE I never actually used any of the traditional “sippy cups” because everything I read cautioned about the damage it could do to your little one’s teeth and speech. Rosie was able to pick it up pretty quickly and it’s been a year or so now that we have been using regular cups. Obviously every child is different but we check with our pediatrician on most things and she recommended only using sippy cups as a quick way to transition away from the bottle (about 3-6 months) by 18 month-2 years old most toddlers should be able to handle and use a regular cup
SIPPY CUP FAVORITES
- Thinkbaby Cups (we used the straw insert but you can also use the traditional sippy spout if you prefer) These were great for the initial transition away from the bottle. Rosie took her milk in these as a next step early on. It causes minimal leakage/and spills and looks most like a bottle. Very easy for those little hands to handle.
- Munchinkin Inc click lock weighted straw cup : These are great because they allow your tot to hold the cup at any angle with the weighted straw without spilling. Munchkin inc goes even as as far to boast a no leak promise. These are also great for the on the go because the flip top lid. I will say there were my favorite and we had little to no spills.
- OXO TOT Open Cup Trainer: When you’re little one is ready to remove the straw and handles but not quite ready to go full on regular cup these come in handy. Their design is made to make a small mess if cups flip over
- Smilo Inc Sippy Cup: Co-develoepd by a leading pediatric dentist you can be assured your little one’s teeth were at the forefront of this particular sipppy cup design the spout shape encourages proper oro-myofunctional development and no need for them to bite down on the straw. Another good cup for on-the go. Use this for a long car ride.
- Regular Cups: I bought these regular cups for Rosie to use once she was done with the sippy/straw cups but like pretty much everything she wants to be like mommy and daddy and prefers drinking out of mommy and dadd’y large glass cups instead. Fingers Crossed – No breaks yet!