Sharing some of my vacation finds and picks for summer below!
- One piece swimsuit: I have a hard time with one-pieces fit wise but a friend recommended this style from J.Crew that comes in a long torso option and I’m obsessed. I purchased the brown color and ordered a size up. My other favorite one-piece is the Marysia halter style.
- Sunglasses: love this budget friendly style from le specs. I have the air heart style in caramel. Also in rotation: round aviators and this ice blue pair for the beach/pool.
- Sandals: I ordered these under $50 Birkenstock white sandals and wore them everyday on vacation. I also brought along these Carrie Forbes slides (I’ve had them for multiple summers now and they go with everything) budget friendly option: here
- Cover up: I’m a big fan of Poupette St. Barth (pricy for a beach cover up but it can take you from the pool to out) I purchased the Sasha Style in orange two summers ago and just added the same style in blue
- Summer dress & linen pants : I wore this maxi dress from Warm in black (size runs big) and these pull on linen pants for lounging.
- Hat: classic sun hat at a good price $50. Also a big fan of hat attack.
- Pareo: An under $20 amazon find in multiple colors. I have the yellow style
- Reading list: finished up the book I was reading Hamnet (which is loosely based on Shakespeare’s son and the plague) and started this beach read Eligible which is compared to a modern day pride & prejudice.
For the GIRLS:
- Packing cubes: I found these packing cubes on amazon for under $16 so I decided to give them a whirl because normally the girls clothes end up in a big ball in their suitcase- they came in handy and I separated their clothing by swim, everyday, pajamas, etc and ended up ordering a second set for me.
- Summer shoes: unisex native summer shoes for the beach, pool and everyday (Rosie picked out this sparkly blue style for her & her sis) + I have these classic white sandals for dinner’s out.
- Swimsuits: minnow rash guards (these have a bit of a price tag but I plan on purchasing 2-3 suits for the girls and rotating. I prefer the rash guard one piece (because less sunscreen application) and this brand seems to fit Rosie the best without all of the pulling and tugging. Plus the styles are so pretty. Options for BOYS as well. I also like the Egg baby styles for the little ones (they have even more coverage going past the knees). Margaret has this & this. Swim hat: here
- Cover Up’s: Roller Rabbit has the cutest mommy and me styles + pajamas sets from ro’s garden.
- Travel stroller + Travel carseat: I like to pack as light as possible and we were able to carry everything on to the plane. The travel stroller & compact carseat both fit in the overhead compartment and are super easy to fold down, also come with a strap to carry over your shoulder when not in use)