Last week was quite a busy & special week for the Hurley Fam & I’m still a little slow moving as a result (hence a TUESDAY weekend recap)!We had a really fun weekend out East and have made it a family tradition to celebrate both our anniversary & Rosie’s bday at the Montauk Lake Club where Frank & I were married. It was great to unplug, relax and take a mini 4 day vacay just the 3 of us 🙂
Frank & I both love spending time out in Montauk and in particular the MLC (especially now that we have Rosie) The club exudes that casual elegance and family-friendly atmosphere that I have always loved about Montauk. It’s historic routes date back to 1929 & the Carl Fisher era and while they have made small updates here & there over the years it still very much feels like the quaint & lovely marina & inn that I remember going to when I was a child. There are not many places left in Montauk that are untouched, secluded & away from the fray and the Montauk Lake Club is one of them 🙂
Now that summer is in full effect, I’ve had a few items on my list of must haves. Check out what I’m eyeing plus the full boutique below!
5 things I’m Coveting for Summer (this week):
- Summer Wedding Guest Dress: I have some summer weddings coming up in August & September so I’ve had my eye on a few dresses. I love this silk option for an outdoor summer wedding. this is a similar version that was just marked down. This dress is also on sale & was just re-stocked in a bunch of sizes. (I love the one shoulder & floral pattern) I often find dresses & special occasion attire for events from Intermix. They usually have a great selection of wedding friendly options & there is a huge buy more save more sale going on right now. My favorites (included in the sale) : here, here & here
- New Bathing-Suit: It finally feels like summer and it’s warm enough to go swimming in the Ocean (yes even in the cold Atlantic out in Montauk) and I’m in need of some new bathing suits. When it comes to swimwear, I’m a big fan of Marysia and their simple & classic options . I have both this white & this black version & I’m currently coveting this particular style. Were you aware that LOFT made swimsuits? This red tie- up bikini reminds me of Marysia but for half the price. Target is also great for inexpensive swimsuit finds. I’m loving thiswhite one-piece as well!
- New Cover UP: Cover ups are a Montauk summer staple. I’m loving this new cover-up which is on sale (today only) Use CODE: SUMMER STYLE. I’m also a fan of Roller Rabbit for both myself & Rosie. New styles I’ve had my eye on: HERE & matching babe cover up: HERE (use CODE: GET40 for an extra 40% off sale items) Poupette St Barth is a favorite but the price-tag is pretty hefty for a cover-up. I’ve had my eye on this style for quite some time and I found a few styles on sale :here & here
- New Beach Bag: I am in need of larger straw beach bag to tote around a towel, book (like I’ll have time to read with a 2 year old) sunscreen & some of Rosie’s gear. I have my eye on this, this & this
- Silk Jumpsuit: This silk jumpsuit is an old style from Theory but I recently came across it and I think it’s the perfect summer piece; super comfortable, casual yet a tad dressy. I love it in white but I found it on sale in navy as well. P.s. Theory is having their end of season sale & which includes up to 60% off styes online & in stores (no code necessary)
OTHER RECENT BLOG POSTS: